An online event to mobilise a co-ordinated faith community response to the cost of living crisis in Derby.
The cost of living is rising at a rate not seen in the last 30 years and is due to be further stretched with additional tax and other rising bills that are now starting to hit. This will become the steepest drop in living standards that many in our city have faced within living memory and will hit the most vulnerable hardest.
Faith communities are on the front line and have a vital role in supporting those in need. Faith leaders, groups, communities, and organisations are invited to join us as we develop a co-ordinated faith community response to the cost-of-living crisis.
A Strategic Action Group has been formed to create a city-wide response and tangible actions that positively affect our residents and increase community resilience. As part of this work, The Poverty Commission and Faith Steering Group has been asked to co-produce a joint initiative to mobilise the city’s faith communities around this agenda.
The event(s) will:
- Highlight the impact of the crisis on communities & identify the likely impacts of over the next 12 months
- Introduce the work and priorities of the city's Cross-Sector Strategic Action Group.
- Communicate what support is available.
- Identify what faith communities can do to alleviate the impact and increase community resilience.
- Develop a communications plan that removes the stigma of asking for help
- Create a plan for what faith communities can do immediately and in the coming months.
2pm to 4pm
5.30pm to 7.30pm