The Multi Faith Centre is recruiting for a Faith Community Development Worker, who will play a critical role in developing a Faith Alliance for the City of Derby.
The Multi Faith Centre is an independent charity based on campus at the University of Derby. Our vision is a society where the diversity and expertise of faith communities actively contributes to the building of safe, healthy and cohesive communities throughout Derbyshire. Local Authorities and Central Government increasingly recognise the role faith-based organisations play in the resilience of communities and the importance of working collaboratively with them to respond to societal issues such as Health Inequalities, Poverty, Social Justice, and Crime & Community Safety.
The Faith Community Development Worker role will play a key part in developing partnerships and engagement activity, building sustainable relationships with faith communities across Derby. They will support the development of inclusive faith networks and infrastructure, using a community development approach.
We are looking for someone with experience in the following areas:
- Leading and delivering effective community organising and engagement strategies within faith communities and neighbourhoods across Derby.
- Creating stakeholder engagement plans using a range of tools and approaches.
- Exceptional networking, influencing and negotiation skills, with ability to forge relationships in situations where divergent views exist.
- Understanding of culturally competent approaches and the importance of building equitable plans for engagement.
- Designing community participation approaches which position local faith communities at the heart of leading change.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Faith and VCS sectors and grassroots organisations.
Please see more details about the role and how to apply:
Deadline for applications: midnight Thursday 22nd September
Should your application be shortlisted, interviews will be held on Thursday 29th September.
If you have any questions about the appointment and would like to have an informal conversation, please contact the Director, Geoff Sweeney on [email protected] who will arrange a call.