The overall purpose of this project is to support refugees and asylum seekers in Derby and the surrounding area. The project is led by the British Red Cross, who have partnered with Upbeat Communities and the Multi-Faith Centre. The project aims to achieve four outcomes:
- Outcome One: Refugees and asylum seekers will be better able to cope when confronted with immediate material crisis.
- Outcome Two: Refugees and asylum seekers will be better equipped to find sustainable routes out of crises.
- Outcome Three: Refugees and asylum seekers will have reduced isolation and increased self-sufficiency.
- Outcome Four: Refugees and asylum seekers will have increased opportunity to belong and to find purpose within the community.
The project is delivered by a dedicated team of volunteers, who work closely with other community organisations in the area. The help that the project offers includes:
- casework to provide destitution and orientation support
- sign-posting to other support organisations
- mentoring and befriending
- education and wellbeing support
- supporting community groups
- awareness raising and advocacy
Find Out More
For further information on the services that are available, or for volunteering opportunities, please phone 01332 525423 or email: email@example.com
Further information is also available at: www.redcross.org.uk/en/what-we-do/refugee-support