The Climate, Faith and Peace event took place at Derby Cathedral on 22nd September 2022. Thank you to all who attended and was involved in the organisation -you made it a huge success!
The Climate, Faith & Peace week event took place at Derby Cathedral on 22nd September 2022, with around 50 guests attending. After viewing Luke Jerram's fantastic Gaia exhibition, guests were then invited into the Beddoes Room for the interfaith panel discussion.
The event was introduced by The Very Revd Peter Robinson and Speakers included:
- The Rev Adam Dickens, Anglican Chaplain at the University of Derby
- Rev Suwacha Seela, a Buddist Monk who resides in the Shanthi Vihara & Meditation centre in Nottingham
- Cllr Hardyal Singh Dhindsa, representing the Sikh Guru Arjan Dev Gurudwara in Derby
- Eve Sacker, interfaith representative at Nottingham Liberal Synagogue
- Dr Ali Akbar, Muslim Chaplain at the University of Derby.
- Mair Bain, Derby Climate activist and representative for Derby Climate Coalition and the Stop the A38 expansion campaign
The panel was each given 3 minutes to discuss their views on the subject matter and their interpretations according to their beliefs - whether a person of faith or non faith. Audience members were then invited to present questions, followed by traditional Iranian pasties and cakes all supplied by our kind volunteers.
Thank you to all that attended and made the event such a huge success - watch this space for information on future events.